Rachel Gertz is a consultant and trainer of digital project managers, freelancers, and creative teams through Louder Than Ten. She also co-chairs the Vancouver DPM meetup. Rach focuses on refining PM approaches rooted in business strategy through principles of cognitive and humanistic psychology, empathy, and problem based learning. She loves every one of your quirks, even the eye twitching. Find Rachel on her website, on Twitter, or check out the Vancouver DPM Meetup.
Take This DPM Stuff and Use It
October 13th | 2:30 PM
Here’s a time lapse: you’ve just pulled up to your office after this year’s DPM Summit. You burst into the fishbowl to share all you new ideas, only to find your team is barely paying attention. And, what’s that? Your boss just asked for a printed summary of your takeaways, nodding as she closed the door in your face! Your company has no intention of implementing a thing you learned. Then it hits you: change is hard, but your company staying exactly the same? That’s deadly. What’s a digital PM to do?
Well, if you’re savvy, you make a plan. The smartest, most flexible plan you’ve ever dreamed up. And then you follow through with that plan until you’ve got buy in and support from everyone around the changes you know will make your company better. Sometimes this means getting a little creative. And sometimes, it means being a tad devious.
Join Rachel Gertz as she walks you through the ultimate task: how to use your sharp wits as a DPM to get your whole company to buy into the takeaways you learned at the conference, guerilla style. Your company wanted you have something to share when you got back. Show them you mean business.
In this workshop, you'll learn:
- How to choose and plan for the changes that will make the biggest impact
- How to use your six feet of influence and some straightforward data collection to build a business case that will speak for itself
- How to rollout a mini version of this plan, then scale it for your whole team
- How to support and implement changes in doses your company can digest
- How to prepare for the red flags that will distract you & the wins that are yours