Creative Director Camp 003 Redondo Beach
A Retreat for Creative Directors
A Creative Director wears many hats, including designer, visionary, mentor, mediator, and salesperson. Some of these roles might come second nature to you. Some you may view as necessary evils. And some just drain the lifeblood out of you. After all, you're a designer, and you know at the bottom of it all, shaping design is something you were always meant to do. So where did all of this other stuff come from?
WE DISCUSS WHAT INTERESTS YOU
Creative Director Camp is structured so that you have the perfect blend of structure and free time. So don’t worry, you're not just hanging out without a plan, fending for yourself, hoping to make connections. We devote meaningful amounts of time to discuss issues that are important to you with structure. But we don't get started early in the morning, and we don't like to be stuck in a hotel meeting room for too long either.
Potential discussion topics include:
- What’s My Role?: What's a Creative Director responsible for? How does the role differ from company to company?
- Collaboration: How do you foster collaboration with your clients and your team?
- Client Feedback: How do you handle client criticisms? Process disparate feedback? Lack of consensus?
- Team Leadership: How do you provide feedback to your team? What is motivating for them? Discouraging? How can you be a leader that people want to follow? What do you do if there’s a void in leadership?
- Creative Exercises: What do you do with your team to get the juices flowing and generate ideas?
- Delivering Great Work with Shrinking Budgets: How do you deliver maximum value without maximum funds? Without funds, process (and by extension, product) can often become stale, which in turn diminishes your competitiveness. How do you deal with that?
- Manager vs. Maker: How much time should you spend managing others vs. creating? What happens if your true love of creating ends up taking a back seat? How do you stay frosty?
- Avoiding Burnout: How do you adjust your thinking so that things don't drive you over the edge?
...and whatever else seems right to you. The goal is to help you solve your challenges, gain inspiration, and get back to work with a whole set of ideas to implement immediately.
This event already happened.
Redondo Beach, California
$3,500 registration fee
- Hotel accommodations for the nights of 6/4, 6/5, 6/6, 6/7
- Welcome reception on 6/4
- Three days of moderated discussions and breakouts covering a host of topics you determine
- Continental breakfast and full lunch on 6/5 and 6/6
- Spectacular closing dinner on 6/7
- One Year Membership to the Bureau Online Community
WE KEEP IT REAL
Discussions are open, honest, and frank, and everyone participates. Creative Director Camp is not about a single person standing in the front of a room, presenting while you scribble notes. It's a series of moderated, candid conversations.
Our camps normally sell out more than a month in advance, so if you're interested don't wait too long to apply.